Youth Pride, Inc. is seeking to hire a full time Executive Director with an anticipated start date in October 2021. The full job description can be read at the link below.
Elana Rosenberg has dedicated nine years of service to Youth Pride, Inc. Working as the Gender-Sexuality Alliance Coordinator for five years and then returning for another four as Executive Director, Elana has truly made Rhode Island a better place for LGBTQ+ youth.
Posting: Part Time, Fee for Service Clinician
Youth Pride, Inc. (YPI) is seeking Licensed and Independent Clinical Social Workers (LICSW), LMHCs, or masters-level or above clinicians to provide mental health counseling services 2-5 hours a week at $40-60 per hour. Schedule is flexible. YPI is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and education providing therapy to LGBTQ+ youth 9-23 years-old.
YPI’s mission is to meet the unique and ongoing needs of youth and young adults impacted by sexual orientation and gender identity/expression through advocacy, support, and empowerment to bring about social change. YPI provides a queer-affirming and celebratory space with a diverse population including but not limited to BIPOC, youth experiencing be unhoused and unstable housing, low-to-no SES, neurodiverse/neuroatypical youth, disabled, individuals navigating mental and cognitive issues, and trauma survivors. In addition to navigating their gender and sexuality, our youth often present with a wide range of mental health concerns, which can include depression and anxiety, self-harming behaviors, substance use, and difficulties with activities of daily living. YPI strives to be anti-racist, feminist, and is queer-affirming. We work within intersectional frameworks with a bend towards social justice and equity, and we are seeking clinicians who will conduct therapy service through this same lens.
Applicants whose lived experience, particularly as a member of historically underrepresented communities, particularly BIPOC in addition to LGBTQ+ identities are highly encouraged to apply.
Fee for Service Clinicians are responsible for:
- Providing one-on-one counseling services, risk assessment, and possible group facilitation
- Maintaining appropriate case notes and records
- Supervision of social work or counseling interns, as needed
- Working with the Director of Youth Services for case management and referrals to resources outside the scope of counseling.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree (or above) in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field
- Licensed in Rhode Island as an LICSW, LMHC, or LMFT
- Experience providing outpatient behavioral health treatment services preferred
- Successful candidate must pass a background check
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Youth Pride Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, socioeconomic status, disability, age, marital status, personal appearance, family structure and/or responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, gender identity/expression, or HIV status.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and résumé, to Andy Taubman (honorific Mx) Director of Youth Services, at email@example.com with the subject line: “[Your Name] YPI Clinician Applicant.” Please include shared and lived experience as a Black, Brown and/or LGBTQ+ individual if applicable. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
- A Rhode Island high school graduate (or a high school student graduating in the spring/summer of 2021), under the age of twenty-four, and
- Enrolled (or planning to enroll) full-time in a post-secondary technical training program, two or four year college; and either
- Identify as LGBTQ+, or
- Be raised in an LGBTQ+ household, and
- Have a substantial history of activism in support of the rights of LGBTQ+ individuals and families.
Our newest group is beginning Wednesday, January 13th!
Mostrando Orgullo, which translates to Showing Pride, is YPI’s newest group for Spanish speaking LGBTQ+ youth from Spanish speaking cultures. This group will be facilitated by Spanish speaking staff from the local Latinx community weekly on Zoom and is open to youth ages 14-23.
If you would like to participate, please fill out our form here and we’ll be in touch.
!Nuestro nuevo grupo comienza el Miércoles 13 de enero!
YPI is looking for volunteer committee members! If you have one to two hours a month to commit your time and energy to helping YPI achieve our mission, see below for committee descriptions and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you can help!
The Finance Committee is responsible for providing oversight of the budget and other fiscal matters affecting YPI. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding fiscal matters. The Finance Committee also recommends strategies that YPI can employ to achieve its programming and financial goals.
Past goals of the Finance Committee have included the following:
• Creating and finalizing a balanced budget
• Monitoring overall fiscal operations
• Working to ensure the long-term financial stability of the organization
• Reviewing the organization’s investments and investment policies
• Maintaining compliance with all financial reporting (e.g. 990, compilation report, annual report, etc.)
• Ensuring that the organization is adequately insured
The Programs Committee is responsible for ensuring that YPI provides LGBTQ+ youth with in-person and virtual programming that meets their unique physical, mental, and emotional needs.
Past goals of the Programs Committee have included the following
• Developing a 1-pager describing YPI program offerings
• Creating a survey of youth regarding their needs
• Engaging youth in the strategic planning process to ensure that youth wants/ need align with YPI’s mission
• Identifying gaps in programs offered by YPI
External Relations / Fund Development Committee
The External Relations / Fund Development Committee is responsible for fundraising and new donor cultivation. The Committee works to ensure that YPI has the funding that it needs to fulfill its mission, maximize its program and service offerings, and better serve the needs of LGBTQ+ youth in Providence County and the surrounding areas.
Past goals of the External Relations / Fund Development Committee have included the following:
• Developing an overall fundraising strategy for the organization that leverages the connections of YPI board members and stakeholders
• Planning and executing in-person and virtual fundraisers, including YPI’s annual gala
• Cultivating corporate donors to finance YPI’s program and service offerings
• Actively promoting YPI’s unique “brand” in the community
Youth Pride, Inc. will be closed from 12/24/20 – 1/3/21.
During this time we will not be checking emails, voicemails, or our Basic Needs Pantry form regularly.
YPI will not be offering case management or referral services during the break. If you are in acute crisis or immediate danger please call 911. Please note that 911 calls often bring police presence with them no matter what the nature of the call is.
We wish you all safe, happy, and healthy holidays!
Greetings YPI Youth, Families, and Supporters,
YPI is opening our space for select in-person services. While it doesn’t look a lot like it did before Covid 19, we are still excited to see you. If you want to use the space, or are in need of some things or resources, here’s what we are open for.
Computers, WiFi and Charging Stations
Every Tuesday and Wednesday we will be open from 1-5pm, by appointment only, for Rest and Recuperation (R&R) time. What this means, is you will be given a designated spot in the space with a computer, access to WiFi, and phone charging station. What you do with that hour is up to you. Staff will be around for assistance. This is by appointment only.
Basic Needs Pantry
The Basic Needs Pantry is also opening up! You have two options to go through the pantry.
- Pick Up a Premade Bag: We will have premade bags available if you prefer to get your items that way, or you or a household member is symptomatic.
- Shop the Pantry Yourself: We have moved the pantry into the main space where you can go through and get the items of your choosing just like old times in 15-minute appointment slots. You will have access to food, toiletries, school supplies and clothes. For clothing specifically, the drill is to take what you want, bring it home, try it on, keep what you like and do what you want with the rest (you are welcome to bring them back but you do not have to). If you would like to go through the pantry AND use the computers/wifi/charging station you will be able to access the pantry during your first 15 minutes, and can use the remaining 45 minutes utilizing our computers/wifi/charging stations.
To use our computers, go through our pantry, or both, you will need to make an appointment.
To make an appointment to pick up a premade bag of pantry supplies: www.bit.ly/ypipantrypickup
To make an appointment for in-person pantry and R&R use: www.calendly.com/youthprideincri.
Counseling and Resource Assistance
Want to access our counseling services? Need some help getting or connecting to resources? Facing challenges or obstacles and need an advocate? Trying to do everyday things like pay your taxes, make a resume, apply for SNAP or change your gender marker? Drop in appointments are available with Andy, our Director of Youth Services. You will be given a private space with a computer and to have a one-one with Andy via video chat.
To make an appointment with Andy, send them an email or make an appointment through their Calendly!
Drop-In and Kitchen
For now we cannot safely open up the drop-in space like we used to.
Unfortunately, we also cannot open the kitchen.
Other Rules While in the SpaceWhile in the space you must be wearing a mask at all times. Staff will be doing the same. YPI is also requiring all staff and visitors respond to the Reopening RI COVID19 Screening Tool (ENG / SPN.) prior to entry
into the center.
While we normally encourage all of you to make joyful noise, no shouting, voice raising or singing can happen. We will however have headphones available, or bring your own, and encourage you to bliss out to whatever music or podcast you enjoy!
If you want to learn more about out virtual programs, 3 support/discussion groups, one leadership program, one mindful arts program, and online Dungeons & Dragons, click here!
Despite looking and operating a little differently, we are still excited to open our space for youth again, and cannot wait to see you!