Committee Volunteers Needed 12.20
YPI is looking for volunteer committee members! If you have one to two hours a month to commit your time and energy to helping YPI achieve our mission, see below for committee descriptions and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you can help!
The Finance Committee is responsible for providing oversight of the budget and other fiscal matters affecting YPI. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding fiscal matters. The Finance Committee also recommends strategies that YPI can employ to achieve its programming and financial goals.
Past goals of the Finance Committee have included the following:
• Creating and finalizing a balanced budget
• Monitoring overall fiscal operations
• Working to ensure the long-term financial stability of the organization
• Reviewing the organization’s investments and investment policies
• Maintaining compliance with all financial reporting (e.g. 990, compilation report, annual report, etc.)
• Ensuring that the organization is adequately insured
The Programs Committee is responsible for ensuring that YPI provides LGBTQ+ youth with in-person and virtual programming that meets their unique physical, mental, and emotional needs.
Past goals of the Programs Committee have included the following
• Developing a 1-pager describing YPI program offerings
• Creating a survey of youth regarding their needs
• Engaging youth in the strategic planning process to ensure that youth wants/ need align with YPI’s mission
• Identifying gaps in programs offered by YPI
External Relations / Fund Development Committee
The External Relations / Fund Development Committee is responsible for fundraising and new donor cultivation. The Committee works to ensure that YPI has the funding that it needs to fulfill its mission, maximize its program and service offerings, and better serve the needs of LGBTQ+ youth in Providence County and the surrounding areas.
Past goals of the External Relations / Fund Development Committee have included the following:
• Developing an overall fundraising strategy for the organization that leverages the connections of YPI board members and stakeholders
• Planning and executing in-person and virtual fundraisers, including YPI’s annual gala
• Cultivating corporate donors to finance YPI’s program and service offerings
• Actively promoting YPI’s unique “brand” in the community