Posting: Part Time, Fee for Service Clinician
Youth Pride, Inc. (YPI) is seeking Licensed and Independent Clinical Social Workers (LICSW), LMHCs, or masters-level or above clinicians to provide mental health counseling services 2-5 hours a week at $40-60 per hour. Schedule is flexible. YPI is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and education providing therapy to LGBTQ+ youth 9-23 years-old.
YPI’s mission is to meet the unique and ongoing needs of youth and young adults impacted by sexual orientation and gender identity/expression through advocacy, support, and empowerment to bring about social change. YPI provides a queer-affirming and celebratory space with a diverse population including but not limited to BIPOC, youth experiencing be unhoused and unstable housing, low-to-no SES, neurodiverse/neuroatypical youth, disabled, individuals navigating mental and cognitive issues, and trauma survivors. In addition to navigating their gender and sexuality, our youth often present with a wide range of mental health concerns, which can include depression and anxiety, self-harming behaviors, substance use, and difficulties with activities of daily living. YPI strives to be anti-racist, feminist, and is queer-affirming. We work within intersectional frameworks with a bend towards social justice and equity, and we are seeking clinicians who will conduct therapy service through this same lens.
Applicants whose lived experience, particularly as a member of historically underrepresented communities, particularly BIPOC in addition to LGBTQ+ identities are highly encouraged to apply.
Fee for Service Clinicians are responsible for:
- Providing one-on-one counseling services, risk assessment, and possible group facilitation
- Maintaining appropriate case notes and records
- Supervision of social work or counseling interns, as needed
- Working with the Director of Youth Services for case management and referrals to resources outside the scope of counseling.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree (or above) in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field
- Licensed in Rhode Island as an LICSW, LMHC, or LMFT
- Experience providing outpatient behavioral health treatment services preferred
- Successful candidate must pass a background check
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Youth Pride Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, socioeconomic status, disability, age, marital status, personal appearance, family structure and/or responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, gender identity/expression, or HIV status.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and résumé, to Andy Taubman (honorific Mx) Director of Youth Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “[Your Name] YPI Clinician Applicant.” Please include shared and lived experience as a Black, Brown and/or LGBTQ+ individual if applicable. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.